Monday 17 November 2014

Drugstore Make-up Favourites



As a 15 year old girl I have to admit that I have spent my fair share of time and money on drugstore make-up! Now that my collection has grown to a reasonable size I feel eligible to tell you about some amazing drugstore finds and maybe even a few dupes!



The first of my favourites is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, mine is in the shade fair. This is my favourite concealer of all time because it gives great coverage and can be used both under the eyes and on blemishes. This concealer blends extremely well into the skin (especially using the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge) and does not crease on me. I would recommend getting this in a shade that is a few shades lighter that your normal skin tone as it helps to highlight under the eyes and around the face, however if you using it on blemishes get the shade closest to your skin tone.


My next drugstore favourite is of course a mascara, who can resist the temptation of a drugstore mascara! Although I have a million drugstore mascaras I have one favourite out of them all...this mascara is my holy grail product and I could not live without it. When I first bought it I was so impressed I sent a picture of my lashes to my friends and made them go and buy it! this is of course Maybelline The Rocket Mascara in the waterproof formula. This mascara makes my lashes so long and voluminous and holds the curl all day, if you have particularly stubborn lashes this would be perfect for you!



This next product is not a frequently mentioned product, however I have not found a better drugstore foundation for my skin type (dry/sometimes combination). It is the Bourjoir Happy Light foundation, the formula is relatively thin and it gives a medium/light coverage. It is a dewy foundation however it does not look greasy on the skin and has amazing staying power! And if you didn't think this could get any better, this foundation is an amazing dupe for the Channel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation!


A girl can't live without eyeliner right? Well I have you sorted in this department! the best drugstore eyeliner have ever found is the Maybelline Master Drama Khol Liner in black. this eyeliner glides on like a dream and is extremely black. I have very watery eyes and this eyeliner barely moves on me. I highly recommend this if you are on the hunt for a good drugstore eyeliner.



In my opinion, the best cream eye shadows come from the drugstore (at least the best ones I have found). 'What are these amazing eye shadows?!' You ask, well...these eye shadows have had amazing reviews all over the beauty industry and are still going strong, these are Maybelline Colour Tattoos. the formula of them is so creamy and the product distributes evenly on the lids, they are a breeze to blend and can be worn alone or as a base for other eye shadows. My personal favourite shades are On And On Bronze and Pomegranate Passion, they are extremely versatile and will look good on any skin tone. a must for beginners.


My last favourite is a brow product and it is the Soap & Glory Brow Archery. this is a brilliant product for naturally filling in your brows, the felt tip end allows you to fix any sparse areas and the twist-up pencil side helps to define the shape of your brows. Soap & Glory has now launched a new innovation of the brow archery which is an exact dupe for the Anastasia Brow wiz! I have yet to try this but I'm sure its just as good if not better.

There are a large range of products that you can find at the drugstore and I'm sure I will find new favourites in the near future, but for now these are them. If you have any favourites of your own feel free to let me know about them so I can try them myself!

Grace xxx

6 comments:

  1. I found your blog thru a comment you post on my blog! I really like it keep up the good work :) xx -Littlebeautyholic

    http://beautybytrishh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your make up jars are so cute x

    Georgia www.glamathlon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they're just mason jars that out some beads in and ribbon around x

      Delete